Saturday, August 8, 2009

Thee: You

How Do I Love Thee
How do I love thee?
Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with a passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints, --- I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life! --- and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.

3 comments:

  1. Good! Very good indeed. So cliche', but at least it rhymes.

    You forgot to add to the bottom though...

    "And so I shall get what I want,
    What I deserve after the hunt,
    And so all my gold shall go to waste,
    So I shall claim thee to my taste.

    It is but you’ll concede,
    That I shall lift thee by my steed,
    Take you away, far away,
    Into my lustful sheets.

    I shall claim what thee owe,
    And with swift shall we pose,
    You had yours, I want mine,
    And now I shall have mine satisfied."

    Let's face it...all that hard work pleasing the insatiable female type...not all, I must say, will do it for mere 'Being with you' thing.

    The end is always as I said 'And now I shall have mine satisfied'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well..i didnt created the poem..FROM INTERNET! haha.. plus..its just another way of expressing to the ones you love.. and its not hard work at all..when you know the smallest things in love makes a difference..hehe..

    "and now i shall have mine satisfied" sry but it sounds so wrong..sounds like having some sex thing..LOL..you get what i meant? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree it makes a difference, but not to the better for me.

    I'm not so good as you are with them, but my believes stays the same...and plus, I know you were never much of a poet:) Can't see you making anything less than a,b,c haha.

    ReplyDelete